PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY
THANK YOU FOR DOWNLOADING THE SORTED HOUSE MOBILE SOFTWARE APPLICATION (SORTED HOUSE). BY CLICKING ON THE “ACCEPT” BUTTON BELOW YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS WHICH WILL BIND YOU. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT CLICK ACCEPT BUT THIS MEANS YOU WILL BE UNABLE TO USE SORTED HOUSE.
These terms apply to people in the United Kingdom who wish to use Sorted House (Users) to identify providers of services (Providers). If you are a Provider, you need to agree to separate terms and conditions, available at www.sortedhouse.com
Please note, you must be 18 or over to accept these terms and download Sorted House.
- Who We Are And What This Agreement Does
We are Sorted House Ltd of 172-174 Albert Road, Jarrow, Tyne and Wear, NE32 5JA.
We license you to use the Sorted House and the data supplied with it (Sorted House) and any updates or supplements to it and the content we provide to you through it (Service) as permitted in these terms.
- How You Can Use Sorted House
As a User, you can download and use Sorted House for free to identify Providers who may be able to provide trade services to you.
You will be required to provide details of the work/project you would like to be completed (Job) and where the property in question is located. The more information you can provide the more accurately we will be able to identify suitable Providers for you. You are solely responsible for the accuracy of any information you input into Sorted House. We cannot accept any responsibility for errors, omissions or inaccurate material available through our Services. You should only publish Jobs that you are legally entitled to do so and which do not relate to any Jobs which are illegal.
You can submit Jobs for properties which you do not own, for example on behalf of a friend or relative, but your contact details will be stored against this property in our records and you will be the individual who the Provider will liaise with regarding the Job. You can also submit Jobs for properties where you are the homeowner, landlord or tenant – but we do request you inform the owner of the property of any Jobs you submit for quotation on Sorted House in advance.
The Service works by matching your Job with potential Providers available to quote and complete the work within the timescales you set. Some Jobs may require Providers to visit the property and inspect before providing a quotation. All quotations are provided on a no-obligation basis.
We contact potential Providers on your behalf based on their ranking (from highest to lowest) who may be available in your area at the dates/times you indicate. The information we provide at this stage is your street name, postcode, a description of the Job, specified timescales and any photographs you have provided.
We only provide your contact details (house number, name and telephone number / email address) to Providers when they confirm they are interested in your Job and wish to provide a quotation.
You can use the App and Services to obtain multiple quotes for the same Job from different Providers. Unless you actively request multiple quotations, we will only give your contact details to one Provider for each Job you submit.
If you mark the Job as urgent, a notice to all Providers within your area over the minimum acceptance standard, as agreed by Sorted House from time to time, will be sent.
You agree that any photographs of the Job that are submitted to the Provider through Sorted House are of an acceptable standard, are suitable and appropriate and relate only to the Job for which you require completing and do not contain images of individuals.
It is highly unlikely but there may be Jobs for which we cannot match you with a suitable Provider or you may determine that the Provider(s) we match you with are not suitable. In such instances we apologise that we are not able to assist you. As you do not pay a fee to use Sorted House you will not be compensated or refunded for this.
We rank all Providers based on feedback we receive from Users. For new Providers where User feedback has not yet been received, we take account of references and existing public information on them. To assist other Users we ask that you provide feedback in response to any request that we send to you in a timely manner.
We do not recommend or endorse the work of any Provider and you must independently assess their suitability to perform any Job. We are not responsible for the standard or quality of the work of any Provider.
If you choose to engage a particular Provider, you must negotiate the terms and conditions for completion of that Job (including confirming price) with that Provider. We are not a party to this contract and merely provide the matching service to put customers and suppliers in direct contact. We are not, therefore, liable for any loss or damage, costs or claims that may arise between Users and Providers.
We take reasonable steps to verify the identity and qualifications of Providers when they register and at periodic intervals including requesting details of public/employee liability insurance, relevant qualifications/experience, proof of identity and seeking references. You must undertake your own due diligence checks before engaging a Provider, however, as we do not warrant any goods or services you may purchase or obtain from a Provider. Before you pay any deposits and/or formally contract with a Provider for a Job you should satisfy yourself that the Provider is properly qualified, the individuals who will perform the Job hold appropriate certifications and that the Provider is not in financial difficulty and will be able to complete you Job. If you require DBS certification you should undertake this check.
- Provider Complaints Process
Whilst we accept no liability or responsibility, if you are unhappy with the service or work of any Provider (whether before a Job commences, during works or at completion) you can submit a report to us via Sorted House. We may be able to assist you in liaising with a Provider regarding your complaints but we do not provide any guarantees on this and strongly suggest you complete due diligence and independent screening before formally engaging any Provider.
- Your Privacy
Please be aware that internet transmissions are never completely private or secure and that any message or information you send using Sorted House or any Service may be read or intercepted by others, even if there is a special notice that a particular transmission is encrypted.
We will share your personal data with Providers so that they may provide you with a quotation in accordance with your request as detailed above.
- Appstore’s Terms Also Apply
The ways in which you can use Sorted House may also be controlled by the appstore rules and policies from which you downloaded Sorted House (including Google Play and Apple’s Appstore). Your appstore’s rules and policies will apply instead of these terms where there are differences between the two.
- Sorted House Requirements
Sorted House may require a mobile device with a minimum of amount of memory and certain operating systems to function correctly (Sorted House Requirements). Sorted House Requirements will be outlined on www.sortedhouse.com (Website) and/or your Sorted Housestore’s details of Sorted House which you can view before you download Sorted House or at any time. As and when we update Sorted House we may also update Sorted House Requirements so you should regularly review those. We are not responsible for any problems you may face with Sorted House if you do not use a device which meets Sorted House requirements.
- Support for Sorted House and How To Tell Us About Technical Problems
- Support. If you want to learn more about Sorted House or the Service or have any problems using them please take a look at the support pages of our Website or email us at: email@example.com.
- Contacting us (including with technical complaints). If you think Sorted House or the Services are faulty or misdescribed or wish to contact us for any other reason linked to performance of Sorted House please email our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How we will communicate with you. If we have to contact you we will do so by email, by SMS or by pre-paid post, using the contact details you have provided to us.
- How You May Use Sorted House, Including How Many Devices You May Use It On
In return for your agreeing to comply with these terms you may:
- view, use and display Sorted House and the Service; and
- receive and use any free supplementary software code or update of Sorted House incorporating “patches” and corrections of errors as we may provide to you.
- You May Not Transfer Sorted House to Someone Else
We are giving you personally the right to use Sorted House and the Service as set out above. You may not otherwise transfer Sorted House or the Service to someone else, whether for money, for anything else or for free. If you sell any device on which Sorted House is installed, you must remove Sorted House from it.
- Changes to these Terms
We may need to change these terms to reflect changes in law or best practice or to deal with additional features which we introduce. We will notify you of any change by sending you an email with details of the change or notifying you of a change when you next access Sorted House.
- Update to Sorted House and Changes to the Service
From time to time we may automatically update Sorted House and change the Service to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues. Alternatively we may ask you to update Sorted House for these reasons.
If you choose not to install such updates or if you opt out of automatic updates you may not be able to continue using Sorted House and the Services.
- If Someone Else Owns the Phone or Device You Are Using
If you download or stream Sorted House onto any phone or other device not owned by you, you must have the owner’s permission to do so. You will be responsible for complying with these terms, whether or not you own the phone or other device.
- We May Collect Technical Data About Your Device
By using Sorted House or any of the Services, you agree to us collecting and using technical information about the devices you use Sorted House on and related software, hardware and peripherals to improve our products and to provide any Services to you.
- We May Collect Location Data (But You Can Turn Location Services Off)
We will make use of location data sent from your devices. You can turn off this functionality at any time by turning off the location services settings for Sorted House on the device. You consent to our transmission, collection, retention, maintenance, processing and use of your location data and queries to provide and improve location-based and road traffic-based products and services.
You may stop us collecting such data at any time by turning off the location services settings on your device.
- We Are Not Responsible For Other Websites You Link To
Sorted House or any Service may contain links to other independent websites which are not provided by us. Such independent sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies (if any).
You will need to make your own independent judgement about whether to use any such independent sites, including whether to buy any products or services offered by them.
- Licence Restrictions
You agree that you will:
- not rent, lease, sub-license, loan, provide, or otherwise make available, Sorted House or the Services in any form, in whole or in part to any person without prior written consent from us;
- not copy Sorted House or Services, except as part of the normal use of Sorted House or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
- not translate, merge, adapt, vary, alter or modify, the whole or any part of Sorted House or our Services, nor permit Sorted House or the Services or any part of them to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs, except as necessary to use Sorted House and the Services on devices as permitted in these terms;
- not disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of Sorted House or the Services nor attempt to do any such things, except to the extent that (by virtue of sections 50B and 296A of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988) such actions cannot be prohibited because they are necessary to decompile Sorted House to obtain the information necessary to create an independent program that can be operated with Sorted House or with another program (Permitted Objective), and provided that the information obtained by you during such activities:
- is not disclosed or communicated without the Licensor’s prior written consent to any third party to whom it is not necessary to disclose or communicate it in order to achieve the Permitted Objective; and
- is not used to create any software that is substantially similar in its expression to Sorted House;
- is kept secure; and
- is used only for the Permitted Objective;
- comply with all applicable technology control or export laws and regulations that apply to the technology used or supported by Sorted House or any Service.
- Acceptable Use Restrictions
- not use Sorted House or any Service in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these terms, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into Sorted House, any Service or any operating system;
- not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of Sorted House or any Service (to the extent that such use is not licensed by these terms);
- not transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of Sorted House or any Service;
- not use Sorted House or any Service in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; and
- not collect or harvest any information or data from any Service or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any Service.
- Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights in Sorted House and the Services throughout the world belong to us (or our licensors) and the rights in Sorted House and the Services are licensed (not sold) to you. You have no intellectual property rights in, or to, Sorted House, or the Services other than the right to use them in accordance with these terms.
- Our Responsibility For Loss of Damage Suffered By You
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss and damage caused by us. If we fail to comply with these terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breaking these terms or our failing to use reasonable care and skill, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time you accepted these terms, both we and you knew it might happen.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. For the avoidance of doubt, a Provider is not a subcontractor.
- When we are liable for damage to your property. If defective digital content that we have supplied damages a device or digital content belonging to you, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
- We are not liable for business losses. If you use Sorted House for any commercial, business or resale purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- Limitations to Sorted House and the Services. Sorted House and the Services are provided for general information purposes only. They do not offer advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of information obtained from Sorted House or the Service. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information provided by Sorted House and the Service, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that such information is accurate, complete or up to date. If you are dissatisfied with Sorted House or the Services your sole and exclusive remedy shall be to discontinue use of Sorted House and the Services.
- Check that Sorted House and the Services are suitable for you. Sorted House and the Services have not been developed to meet your individual requirements. Please check that the facilities and functions of Sorted House and the Services (as described on appstore site) meet your requirements.
- We are not responsible for events outside our control. If our provision of the Services or support for Sorted House or the Services is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end your contract with us and receive a refund for any Services you have paid for but not received.
- We May End Your Rights to Use Sorted House and the Services If You Break These Terms
We may end your rights to use Sorted House and Services at any time by contacting you if you have broken these terms in a serious way. If what you have done can be put right we will give you a reasonable opportunity to do so.
- Assignment and Transfers
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree in writing.
- No Rights For Third Parties
This Agreement does not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this Agreement.
- If A Court Finds Part of this Contract Illegal The Rest Will Continue In Force
Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the products in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.